SC Issues Direction To The Temple Management Committee For Protection of Shivalinga At Ujjain.
SEP. 02, 2020
On Tuesday the Supreme Court issued direction to the temple management Committee for the preservation of shivalinga in the Mahakaleshwar Temple at Ujjain as erosion of Shivalinga is taking place. The court has directed the state government to sanction a fund towards the comprehensive plan of necessary repairs, maintenance and improvements to the collector immediately. By taking into account the circumstances of the report elaborated by export committee as well as the project report prepared by the Ujjain Smart City LTD the following directions were issued:
1) No rubbing should be done;
2) No devotees to be allowed to rub the Shivalinga;
3) Rubbing of Curd, Ghee & Honey should also be stopped & only pure milk should be allowed to be poured on Shivalinga;
4) If any violations are found to be done by the Pujari's or Purohit, Temple Committee shall take action against them;
5) Temple committee shall provide pure milk from its own resources;
6)The Temple Committee has to ensure that the pH value of Bhasma during the Bhasma Aarti is improved;
7) Weight of Mund Mala and Serpakarnahas is further reduced to preserve the Shivalingam from mechanical abrasion.
The court has also directed the central government to pay the CBRIA, a sum of Rs. 41.30 lakhs. The committee was also directed to study other structures and the temple to submit recommendation on steps of overall improvement of entire premises and it's preservation.